Monday, July 11, 2016

A Friend Is Someone Who Likes You

Some of my close friends know of my love for children's' books.  Since the topic of friendship came up with a new friend of mine, I couldn't resist going to the bookshelf in my library and reading of my favorite books by Joan Walsh Anglund,  A Friend Is Someone Who Likes You

Just want to share a few lines with you:
"Sometimes you don't know who are your friends,
Sometimes they are there all the time,
but you walk right past them
and you don't notice that they like you in a special way
And then you think you don't have any friends,
The you must stop hurrying and rushing so fast . . .
and move very slowly,
and look around carefully,
to see someone who smiles at you
in a special way . . .
or a dog that wags its tail extra hard
whenever you are near . . .
or a tree that lets you climb it easily . . .
or a brook that lets you be quiet
when you want to be quiet,
Sometimes you have to find your find your friend.

No comments: