Sunday, May 24, 2015

Graduation Thank You Notes

Being grateful has really been on my mind lately.  So many people assume that the world owes them a living and fail to acknowledge the kindness and thoughtfulness of others.  I have found that the more thanks I give everyday, the better I feel about myself and the more I continue to receive.

Many students here in the desert graduated from College of the Desert last Friday and I am sure that there were many flowers and gifts from family and friends.  You, undoubtedly, gave a verbal thank you, but was that enough? How many people took time from their lives to travel to your commencement?  How many people spent hard earned money to present you with something they thought that you would enjoy?  Don't you think that a written thank you note is in order?  A handwritten  note shows that you took the time to show that you appreciate.  It will make the recipient feel good and so will you.  What are you waiting for??  

No comments: