Friday, December 12, 2008

Scholarships for AB540 Students (Undocumented)

In preparation for a workshop that I gave yesterday at the college, I discovered a fairly good number of organizations that give scholarships to non US citizens. Please refer any students that qualify to my office. I am in the process of putting together a binder of the resources.

In the meantime, students can access information on their own through Google. Just key in Scholarships for AB 540 students and you will discover a wealth of resources.

Jose Simo is the counselor who has taken the lead on AB 540 and, as such, is the one to contact for specific information on undocumented students. My involvement is only with the scholarship portion.

3 comments:

Prerna said...

Awesome. Could you give us a link to a guide once you are done? If you need help with this, let us know. We are the major DREAM organizers on the net and putting together resources like these for undocumented students. Lets talk if you have time.

http://dreamactivist.org
admin@dreamactivist.org

Unknown said...

I have so many friends that are AB540 students but many unfortunately stop attending college because of finances. Given that I was wondering if their is an email at which Jose Simo can be reached?
thanks in advance,
yuli

Anonymous said...

please help out your fellow dreamer ,